New Zealand at Expo is part of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE), which is managing New Zealand’s Expo 2020 Dubai participation.
NZatExpo may change this policy from time to time. If it does, NZatExpo will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use NZatExpo Services or Sites, or provide Services to NZatExpo after the changes come into effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, NZatExpo may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
1. Collection: NZatExpo may gather the following information about you from the Sites and as part of providing the NZatExpo Services, or receiving services from you: (a) personal information, provided by you when you submit that information on a Site as prompted, for example, at the time of posting a comment or of voluntary registration for the services NZatExpo offers, or where you otherwise engage with NZatExpo Services, or provide services to NZatExpo; (b) aggregate information generated by NZatExpo's and its contractors' systems, which tracks traffic to and on the Sites but does not identify you personally; and (c) information about your interaction with NZatExpo’s computer systems, including your use of NZatExpo’s websites, emails you send to NZatExpo, and emails that NZatExpo sends you from its computer systems. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain NZatExpo Services or parts of the Sites not being available to you.
2. Disclosure of information: NZatExpo may disclose: (a) any information that NZatExpo gathers about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with NZatExpo Services that NZatExpo considers may be of interest to you, including services that you have signed up for or that are necessary for operation of the Sites, or receiving services from you; (b) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties; (c) your personal information to third parties, when NZatExpo believes in good faith that NZatExpo is required to do so by law; (d) your personal information to other third parties, provided NZatExpo has your prior authorisation, which NZatExpo will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you; and (e) your personal information to police or other government agencies in New Zealand if we believe giving the information will help prevent or resolve fraud, money laundering, unauthorised access to, or attacks on, NZatExpo’s systems, or other crimes. You acknowledge that personal information and aggregate tracking information about you may be kept on computer systems operated by third parties. You further acknowledge that information gathered is routinely monitored for cyber security purposes.
3. Use: NZatExpo may use the personal information it collects: (a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of NZatExpo's registration services; (b) to assist in providing the NZatExpo Services requested by you or receiving services from you; (c) to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which NZatExpo considers may be of interest to you; (d) for sharing with third parties that have similar objectives (in whole or in part) to NZatExpo where the sharing is for a not-for-profit purpose; (e) for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes that relate to NZatExpo or its purpose, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys; (f) to help ensure that you are shown information that NZatExpo considers may be relevant to you and your interests; (g) to prevent and resolve unauthorised access to, or attacks on, NZatExpo’s systems; (h) to provide services to different entities within NZatExpo or related to NZatExpo; and (i) for any other use that you authorise or where otherwise legally permitted.
Cookies are used to:
* measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs; and
* remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again.
5. Content providers, advertisers and partners: NZatExpo does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with any of the Sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of the Sites or NZatExpo Services. The Sites contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as NZatExpo. NZatExpo suggests that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6. Holding, correcting and updating: Any personal information that you provide to NZatExpo will be collected and held by NZatExpo and/or its authorised agents and associates. If you are an individual, you have certain rights under the Privacy Act 1993, including rights of access to and correction of personal information that NZatExpo holds. We will correct any personal information we may hold about you if you notify us in writing of the correction.
If you have any questions about how NZatExpo Services work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to know more about privacy at NZatExpo, contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner.
7. Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA):
In addition to the above, the following applies to you to the extent that you are in the EEA and NZatExpo collects personal information about you:
The Data Controller is New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Level 15, 100 Willis Street, Wellington, New Zealand. NZTE’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NZatExpo may process your personal information where:
The information is collected as part of a contract for services that NZatExpo has with you (including any co-funded service offered by NZatExpo), and either processing is necessary to carry out that contract, or you have asked NZatExpo to take specific steps to do so before it enters into that contract with you.
The information is collected as part of offering NZatExpo Services to you (other than services to which a contract for services applies and you pay for), or is part of exercising an official authority vested in NZatExpo. NZatExpo may process that information as part of NZatExpo performing a public task as a Crown Entity.
You have given your express consent for NZatExpo to do so. NZatExpo will ask for this consent at the time it collects that information from you.
NZatExpo is required to do so by law. This may include where NZatExpo is required to comply with obligations under the Official Information Act 1993 (NZ).
You have options in relation to the personal information NZatExpo holds about you. To exercise these options, please contact NZTE by email (email@example.com). If you are in the EEA you can:
access personal information that NZatExpo holds about you
rectify inaccurate personal information that NZatExpo holds about you;
have personal information NZatExpo holds about you erased where:
- the purpose for which it was collected is no longer relevant;
- you withdraw your consent (where we have asked for your consent);
- there is no overriding legitimate interest for NZatExpo to continue to use that personal information;
- NZatExpo processes that personal information unlawfully; or
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
restrict processing of your personal information;
receive copies of your personal information that NZatExpo holds in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and
object to profiling and direct marketing using your personal information.
You also have the right to complain to a regulator. If you are based in the EEA and think that NZTE hasn't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
NZatExpo will retain information that it collects about you only for as long as it is reasonably required to undertake the purposes for which that information was collected.